Below please find information regarding Member Guidelines, Performance availability and Making Donations to the Band:
Member Guidelines for those interested in joining;
1. Regular attendance at rehearsals held Tuesday evenings from 7:30-10:00 pm is very important.
2 Inform your section leader or the Music Director as soon as possible if you cannot attend a rehearsal or concert. Note: You are responsible for providing a qualified substitute for concerts and related rehearsals.
3. A folder of music will be given to you upon registering and paying your fees. If you take music home that is needed by other members of your section, you must ensure that it is at the next rehearsal.
4. The band membership dues are to be paid in September unless special arrangements are made with the Treasurer:
Regular: $200 Family: $150 each (2 or more members of the same family) Student: $100
5. Official concert dress as follows –
Male: black jacket and pants, White shirt, black bow tie, black socks, and black shoes
Female: black skirt or pants, black top, black nylons or socks, and black shoes.
All Members: Blue DCB shirts, black pants, black socks, and black shoes, and blue DCB jacket if required.
6. Organizational activities to participate in:
* setting up chairs and stands and putting them back in place
* bringing folder and music carts into the rehearsal area and returning them to the storage room
* assisting librarian(s) with maintenance of the folders and library * transporting equipment and stand-fronts to and from concerts
* fund raising activities
* the Board of Directors
* meetings called by the Executive, ex. the A.G.M. in November
* buying and organizing supplies for social gatherings
Booking either the full band or a smaller contingent from the band for a concert or other occasion can be done via email@example.com. A representative of our band will be happy to discuss details with you.
The Delta Community Band Society that sponsors the Delta Concert Band is a Registered Charity with the Canada Revenue Agency. Official Tax Receipts can be issued for donations of $20 or more. Donations are primarily used toward our bursary fund. Please make cheques payable to Delta Community Band Society, and mail them to our official address.